Solved – Visual Studio and error “Unable to find manifest signing certificate in the certificate store”
Sometimes after moving Source code of Visual project from one machine to another we receive error during compilation “Unable to find manifest signing certificate in the certificate store”. This error is related with the very important warning “Found conflicts between different versions of the same depenant assembly” – and this is key to solve our problem.
To solve this You should perform following steps:
- Open the .csproj file in Notepad.
- Delete the following information related to signing certificate in the certificate store
<PropertyGroup> <ManifestCertificateThumbprint>xxxxx xxxxxx</ManifestCertificateThumbprint> <ManifestKeyFile>xxxxxxxx.pfx</ManifestKeyFile> <GenerateManifests>true</GenerateManifests> <SignManifests>false</SignManifests> </PropertyGroup>
But if problem will be still exists than You should:
- In Visual Studio, select the project in Solution Explorer, and then choose Open Folder in File Explorer from the shortcut menu.
- In File Explorer, find the project (.csproj or .vbproj) file, and open it in Notepad.
- In the project file, find the following property entry:<AutoGenerateBindingRedirects>true</AutoGenerateBindingRedirects>
- Change true to false:<AutoGenerateBindingRedirects>false</AutoGenerateBindingRedirects>
- And problem will be solved!